Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mending.

you are worth more than that.

Do you know that you have value, worth, and are brilliant.  
Because you are - but you don't treat your heart that way.  
You don't keep that beating heart in your chest, but you hold it in your hands trying to give it away.
  
You tried to give it to me, but I couldn't take care of it - so I refused to take it.
I held mine tight in my hands, because I knew it was being mended, slowly.  
A heart that wasn't mended yet wasn't what you needed, because yours is mending slowly but you don't even know it. 

But you still hold your heart in your hands out stretched to that girl who doesn't even know who she is, but knows what she wants - your love, your time, your words.  
They were once all for me, but now they are given to any girl who will take that precious heart of yours.

I pray that one day you will know your value, your worth and that you can make it on your own.
Just like I am trying to make it on my own day, by day.
I want you to know that I  care for you, and I do miss you 
                         - but I can never take that precious heart from you.


No comments: