Tuesday, April 21, 2009

paraplegic blind woman.


I miss you like a paraplegic misses walking

Some days more than others, today is that day.  

Today I want to lay in bed and stare at the wall, I want to do nothing, say nothing, think nothing.  I want to feel selfish and lay in bed all day, and try to forget the world, try to forget how much I ache inside.


Some place in my heart cries out for your affirmation, it comes out every once in awhile, and I don’t know how to express it, or even explain it.  I feel within me somedays I just need to be called beautiful, or smart or a good cook even though sometimes I’m not.  I want to bet on the grammy’s, watch the food network, and listen to obscure music with you.  

Why can’t I find anyone to do those things with, and why can’t it be the same?  Why don't I feel the same.


Instead I miss you like a blind woman misses the brilliant colors of June.

No comments: