Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20th 2009

This date will forever stand out in our mind, because with the rising of today's sun there is a new dawn.. a dawn of change.

I agree that this day is a day of history and I definitely will tell my children one day where I was and who I watched the inauguration with. I like the fact that both the president and the vice president began their term with a church service, and many prayers. The beginning of a long term, that will have many challenges and hardships - he and his family will need the prayers.

But on this day, I'm giving the credit to God. I believe that only He can bring about hope and change. This change would never have been possible without faith in God, and it has brought the Obama's family thus far.

So on this day, I want to remember that through God all things are possible.
The United States which long ago believed and practiced slavery, now has begun to believe that all people are created equal. This is truly a day to remember.

Equality, hope and change are shown today and through God...all things are possible.

No comments: