Friday, February 27, 2009

resurrect me.

Dear God,

Please resurrect me.

I am very tired.. of trying to do it myself, trying to create love and peace myself.
Why do I put my trust in myself,  humans, things that I can see, and hear ---- 
when I should throw my hands up in the air and cry out to the one who creates it all - You.

I see it in the rain, in the sunset, in the eyes of a small child, but I don't recognize it in my own life.  I want to be more like You, I want to see those things you set your eyes on.  I want to hear the words that only you do, I want my mind to glorify You.  More than anything I want to live among those children who need love, and peace to be their strength.  I want to walk on the streets of the weary and broken and speak truth, I want to SPEAK truth.

I feel like all I'm doing is existing, is being here.  I want to be more than this person in this place -- I want to be resurrected from this life.  I feel so far away from who or where I want to be.  Six months ago I felt like I was alive, and in the place you called me to, but now I feel so far away from your will.. but am I ??

God in this moment.. speak truth, empower me to do the same daily.  break my ideals, thoughts, and replace them with your own.   Replace my eyes, my ears, my heart, my spirit, my hands, my feet with Yours so that I can live more like you want me to.

Sincerely,

 a willingly broken heart.
  

No comments: